2017-2018 Exchange Student Orientation Meeting
Welcome to Taiwan and be part of the Dazhi family. Dazhi Senior High School is a warm place with various extracurricular activities, interesting students, and enthusiastic teachers. Our past exchange students all had a great time here. This year, we hope the whole experience will be fun and fruitful to you. The following words are information you need to know and regulations you are to follow as long as you are under the Rotary Exchange Student Program. (Please note that Dazhi Senior High School may set additional rules if needed to account for special conditions.)
Dazhi Senior High School,
鍾震 Eddy Chung
August 29th, 2017
Schedule for the Orientation Day
1. Welcome speech from the Principal and the honorable guests.
2. Brief intro of the school regulations and class design.
School History Room (1F)
- In addition to attending the Rotary Club meetings or activities, you are required to attend school on time. For the first 2 weeks, each exchange student need to arrive at school before 7:40 (1st class starts at 8:10) and are allowed to leave school at 16:00 (for the 1st week)/ 17:00 (starts from the 2nd week).
- Be sure to sign your name when you come to school and leave school.
- If you are on a sick leave, please provide a medical certificate from your doctor.
- About school uniform:
- School uniform can be purchased after August, 30th (see appendix 1).
- If your attire is inappropriate or against the school rules, teachers and school staff may give you a verbal warning.
- Besides, DCSH holds monthly “clothing manners check.” Those who do not pass this monthly check will be punished.
- Wearing earrings, necklaces, make-ups and putting nail polish are not allowed.
- You are responsible to deliver the message from DCSH to your host family.
- Be a mature, responsible, and enthusiastic student. J
Cross-school Cultural Experience Program
Taipei City Government divides Taipei into four regions to arrange cross-school cultural experience program for the exchange students. DCSH belongs to the North region and our partner schools include 中正高中,私立大同高中,中山女高,永平高中,麗山高中and中崙高中. This program is expected to start from the end of September till the beginning of January. Thus, almost every five weeks, you will have to visit a different school to attend the class.
Number of class: 15 classes
Time: Every Wednesday moring 9:00-12:00. (week 4 to week 19)
Topic: (to be arranged)
Course-related fee: All the course-related fees will be requested before each class.
Information of other schools:
- 永平高中 New Taipei Municipal Yong-Ping Senior High School
(No.205, Yongping Rd., Yonghe Dist., New Taipei City)
- 中崙高中 Taipei Municipal Zhong-Lun Senior High School
(No.101, Sec.4, Bade Rd., Songshan District, Taipei City)
- 麗山高中 Taipei Municipal Lishan High School
(No.100, Sec. 2, Huanshan Rd., Neihu District, Taipei City)
Host Family’s Info
Gaia’s host parent
Homeroom Teacher Time導師時間
Club Orientation Fair 社團博覽會
*From 9/4 to the end of this semester, you will leave school at 17:00.